Thursday, September 10, 2009

Pattu's Gift for Amma

Yesterday when I got back from office, I handed over a gift (a memento that Sk received for one of his lectures) to Pattu since she likes to open these gift wrapped boxes. She didn't expect a gift in the middle of the week, and without a reason - that left her a bit overwhelmed. It must have been the Birthday hangover of 'Return Gifts', she comes back few minutes later holding a leftover Birthday balloon filled with water (and secured tightly) - 'Amma, I also have a gift for you...see...'

By far the most creative gift that I've received so far.

I asked her why she gave me a gift and pat comes the reply, 'You are a good girl na amma, that's why.'
Amma: Why am I a good girl?
Pattu: Because you gave me a gift... (pauses, thinks) ...because you do kakka, moocha (potty) in the toilet...and you don't touch the sand while playing in the park... if you touch the sand, I'll give you injection. If you are a good girl, I'll give you a gift again tomorrow...ok?

9 comments:

Jayashree said...

LOL :-)
Pattu looks nice in the new pavadai pic.

Monika said...

Aww.....how sweet. Ansh also does this somtimes & my heart swells up :)

Swaram said...

Wow! What logic :)

Luv to Pattu :)

Swati said...

hahhah..thats so sweet !

Aryan-Arjun said...

So sweet...ballon with water...You do kakka moocha in toilet...:-) You will get injection also...hahhaahah

Hema said...

You have a very creative kid there...balloon filled with water...that's so clever :-)

Uma said...

Jayashree, Thanks :-)
Monika,Ansh: You bet! Its such a wonderful feeling
Swaram: Oh, yes - unbeatable logic! Will convey luv to her...
Swati: :D
Aryan: :D I get injections everyday for something or the other - sometimes because I don't let her eat chocolate, sometimes coz I ban her from playing in the water...myriad reasons...
Hema: It runs in the genes ;-) don't you think? hehe..

Mama - Mia said...

awwww! thats so cute!! once they start talking there is no looking back, innit?! :)

Uma said...

Mama-Mia - You bet! :D