Monday, March 01, 2010

Stories Galore

...at Hoos Tales. Thanks to Art, we had a wonderful weekend. I got to attend a workshop by Jeeva and Craig along with Art and Pattu got to attend her first story telling session at Nageswara Rao Park. It took some effort to get pattu to abandon play and get to the session. I was hoping the story telling to keep her glued but she wasn't impressed. It took a monkey puppet and later Richard and Jeeva to get her attention. She loved the 'lion hunt' by Jeeva and the 'Ghost with one black eye' by Richard. Missed Craig's session since we were late : (

I fail to understand why we can't get the sound system right - it was so loud that I ended up with a head ache. I notice this with most of the events that I attend, save some of the well known sabhas. Richard had the sense to avoid using the mic. I was hoping others to pick up the cue...but, well... And next time, I should remember to take some odomos with me for the outdoor events.

We followed that with a dinner at Veg Nation. Sadly they didn't have anything from the 'Continental' part of their menu. The mushroom starter was awesome though. And the mysore masala dosai was evilly (sooo oily) yummy!

Sunday was packed as we went visiting some family friends - Pattu got to play with some new friends and she thoroughly enjoyed it. She was so excited that she refused to have her afternoon nap.

2 comments:

Jayashree said...

I really wanted to make it to this one, but missed it.

Uma said...

Oh... it was good! I'll keep you posted if I come across anything like this...