Friday, March 11, 2011

African Bush Tea

.. was sipping African Bush Tea and thinking about Mma Ramotswe.

She is one of the characters that I've grown to like in recent years. I specifically remembered the part where Mma Makutsi one fine morning decides to brew the regular tea instead of the ususal bush tea. It is an awkward moment between the women where Mma Makutsi doesn't want to hurt her benevolent boss and Mma Ramotswe is a bit embarrassed when she realises that she has never bothered to find out if everyone else was ok with bush tea.

Anyway, I really liked bush tea (at least if that would put me in the league of Mma Ramotswe). For those who would like to try - it is available in the Twinings brand. In Chennai you should find it in Nuts & Spices and Brown Tree chains.

While on the subject of inspiring women, have you participated in Feminspiration at Womensweb yet? Contest on till 16th March and some nice goodies too... check it out.

4 comments:

Bubble Catcher said...

I discovered 'The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency' and the sequels only last year. and I love the series.Must try out the Twinnings bush tea. Thanks for the tip :)

Uma said...

Bubble Catcher - Do try.. and it tastes better without sugar..
btw, I like your name :)

Anonymous said...

OMG yes Rooibos is my favorite tea and yes I discovered it after I read the books too. I didnt know you liked it, I will get you some when I come next time :D It makes great iced tea too. How many in the series have you read?

Shhhh...I am trying to get at least the 3rd prize in that, dont go raising the competition :P

KP

Uma said...

KP - not too many - about 4 or 5 only...
and I just discovered the tea, so you can get me some when you come next time...
will try the iced version as well