Wednesday, September 29, 2010

I'm a Proud Owner of...


...a Quentin Blake book!!! Finally!!!

                                              British Council had a sale and I rushed in time to pick up the only QB on sale - Mrs Armitage on Wheels. I really like Mrs Armitage - she's crazy, clumsy and absolutely entertaining, with her little dog Breakspear. I was hoping to find my favourite - 'The Clown', no such luck though...


While I am quite pleased with what I took home, I really wish they would put books on sale while they are in reasonably good condition. Some were quite tattered.

But yes, I picked up few other interesting books...here's the list...

A very good deal indeed!

 All Images Courtesy: Amazon

4 comments:

utbtkids said...

The quirky QB!!

We loved his illustrations for James and the Giant Peach and Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.

Filing away Mrs.Armitage for future reference.

artnavy said...

You know who is going to be borrowing ....next time nay such sale is there u buy a second set for me ok? like the crafts that you bought at Parry ....

Vidya said...

I'm a big fan of QB's illustrations and recently got a collection of 15 Roald Dahl's on Flipkart at a discount! What you've posted here is a loot!:-)

Uma said...

utbt - 'Quirky' is right :)
These are some books for toddlers that he has written himself...
File Clown as well (here's my review : http://drop-of-sun.blogspot.com/2010/05/clown.html)

Art - Sure, next tme when you are here...
And next time I'll call you if there's a sale...

Vidya - I've ordered it too :)